As a lawyer or law firm, having a strong online presence is crucial for attracting new clients and growing your business. One key element of your online presence is your Google Business Profile. This profile appears when someone searches for your firm on Google, and it provides important information such as your address, phone number, website, and reviews from previous clients. In this guide, we’ll cover how to use your Google Business Profile to attract new clients and improve your online reputation.
Claim and verify your profile
The first step in using your Google Business Profile is to claim and verify your listing. To do this, go to Google My Business and follow the prompts to claim your business. You’ll need to provide some basic information about your firm, such as your name, address, and phone number. Once you’ve submitted your information, Google will send you a postcard with a verification code to the address you provided. Once you receive the postcard, enter the verification code into your Google My Business account to complete the verification process.
Optimize your profile
Once your profile is verified, it’s important to optimize it to ensure that it provides accurate and compelling information about your firm. Some key areas to focus on include:
- Make sure that your business name, address, phone number, and website are accurate and up-to-date.
- Business hours: Provide accurate information about your business hours, including any special hours or closures.
- Photos: Add high-quality photos that showcase your office, staff, and any other aspects of your business that you want to highlight.
- Description: Write a brief, compelling description of your business that includes relevant keywords and highlights your unique value proposition.
- Reviews: Encourage your clients to leave reviews on your profile, and respond to any reviews that you receive, whether they are positive or negative.
Engage with your audience
In addition to providing accurate and compelling information on your profile, it’s important to engage with your audience to build trust and establish your credibility. Some ways to do this include:
- Responding to reviews: Respond to any reviews that you receive, thanking clients for positive feedback and addressing any concerns raised in negative reviews.
- Posting updates: Use your Google Business Profile to post updates about your firm, such as news about recent cases or community events that you are involved in.
- Using Google Posts: Google Posts are a way to share short updates or offers on your profile. Use them to highlight your expertise or promote special offers.
Monitor your analytics
Finally, it’s important to monitor your Google Business Profile analytics to see how your profile is performing and make adjustments as needed. Some key metrics to track include:
Search queries: See what search terms people are using to find your profile.
- Monitor how people are interacting with your profile, such as clicking on your website or requesting directions to your office.
- Reviews: Track the number and quality of reviews that you are receiving, and adjust your engagement strategy as needed.
Your Google Business Profile is a key element of your online presence as a lawyer or law firm. By claiming and verifying your profile, optimizing it with accurate and compelling information, engaging with your audience, and monitoring your analytics, you can attract new clients and improve your online reputation. If you need help optimizing your Google Business Profile, LawTurbo can help. Schedule a discovery call with us today to learn how we can help you improve your online presence and attract more clients to your firm.